Applications will not be processed until all documents and the application fee have been received.
The College follows the eligibility criteria set by the Shanghai Education Bureau which may be subject to change.
- If a family has parents with different nationalities, they can choose which application route to follow. Each family must complete all requirements of one column.
- All government documentation is required for families already living in Shanghai to start the application process.
- If a family is living overseas they must produce the residency permit and proof of residence in Shanghai within 30 days of their child starting at the College.
- The College requires all pupils who are foreign passport holders to have a valid long term visa to stay in China.
*Please be aware that you have 6 steps in total for completing the application. This is the 5th step. Applications are not completed until you review and click “Submit” at the end of the Review page (next page).
We understand that relocating families may not yet have all the required documents – if this is the case, please submit a word document stating when you expect the documents to be available. We require all the documents to be submitted within 30 days of arriving in Shanghai.
The employment certification letter is required for at least one parent and must include: employee name, date of birth and position, period of employment, registered company name, address and telephone number. The certification letter needs be signed by department head and stamped with company chop on letterhead.
Proof of residence is an essential document to submit – please do have it uploaded as soon as you’ve got them. Open Apply will chase for missing documents in due course (before start date).
- Original copy of waiver letter is required to be submitted once enrolled to Wellington College International Shanghai.- Applicable to certain cases only – please check the website below for more details about whether you are eligible to apply for the waiver letter. http://www.shmec.gov.cn/web/wsbs/webwork.php?type=1
Foreign Experts Certificate (外国专家证) or Alien Employment Permit (外国人就业证) is an essential document to submit – please do have it uploaded as soon as you’ve got them. Open Apply will chase for missing documents in due course (before start date). We understand that relocating families may not yet have all the required documents – if this is the case, please submit a word document stating when you expect the documents to be available. We require all the documents to be submitted within 30 days of arriving in Shanghai.
For Nursery applications, school report is not a must to submit item. If school report from current school is not applicable, please submit a document stating that “you are applying for Nursery” instead of school reports.
The application fee is non-refundable once it is submitted. It is important to make sure that you have checked spaces available with admissions team. Please upload receipt/payment evidence of application fee. If you have any other questions, please call (+86-21) 5185-3885.
Please note that before your application is submitted, you will need to review your information and click SUBMIT again. You will receive an automatic email when your application is successfully submitted. Thank you.
No. 100 Haiyang West Road
No. 195 TongWan Road
Pudong New District